Are you looking to get more involved in DRI’s Insurance Law Committee? Here is the answer. Each month, volunteer opportunities available within the ILC will be posted below with the name of the person to contact. These opportunities are also a great way to network with insurance professionals and attorneys across the country. Here are this month's volunteer opportunities:
1. Membership Committee Team Member. The Membership Committee is looking for a Membership Retention Advisor/New Member Officer to assist the Membership Chair and Vice Chairs with implementing the membership team plan. Contact the Membership Chair, Eric Bowers, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Expert Database Volunteer to assist with collecting information and maintaining database. Contact the Expert Database Chair, Joanna Roberto, at email@example.com.
3. The Online Community Subcommittee is looking for additional team members. Volunteers would commit to regular posts (2-4 per month) on the Communities Page regarding new cases and other topics of interest. Contact Brenda Wallrichs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. DRI Publications is looking for authors! The Insurance Law Committee features many excellent publications, and we depend on our membership to contribute content. Author responsibilities include selecting a topic, and researching and writing content. All articles must have a national focus. Our editors are available to assist with information about formatting and deadlines. We feature the following fine publications.
- Covered Events, our monthly e-newsletter. Two articles are published each month and are generally 1,500 to 3,000 words. DRI also publishes case notes on recent cases of interest in the insurance arena. Please contact any of our Covered Events editors, Tiffany Brown at email@example.com, Wen-Shin Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Patrick Omilian at email@example.com,or Suzanne Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Voice, DRI's weekly e-magazine. The ILC contributes an article every 8 weeks or so. Please contact the ILC's editor for The Voice, John Harding, at email@example.com.
- For The Defense, DRI's monthly magazine, has a dedicated issue each year that the ILC produces. These are longer articles, with a practical focus, and are excellent works that go out to DRI's entire membership. Please contact Kelly Lippincott, the ILC's editor for FTD, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Courtney Britt, the ILC's associate editor for FTD, at email@example.com.
- Compendia. These are either 50-state surveys, or essay format, on selected topics in insurance law, and they come out on a rolling basis. If you have an idea for a future compendium, or would like to be on the list of possible editors and authors, please contact Tim Wright, the ILC's compendium chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about ILC publications generally, including the best venue for your proposed content, please contact Rina Carmel, the ILC's publications chair, at email@example.com.
- The Professional Liability SLG is looking for volunteers to: write articles for Covered Events, webinar proposals, assist with compendium update, and/or serve as the Diversity Committee Liaison. Please contact Mark Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The First Party Property SLG is looking for volunteers to write case summaries for Covered Events. Please contact Jim Bryan at JBryan@nexsenpruet.com.
- The Bad Faith SLG is looking for volunteers to write articles and updates for Covered Events. Please contact Matt Haar at email@example.com.