There are numerous ways to get involved in DRI's Drug and Medical Device Committee. Now is a great time because there are many opportunities associated with our annual seminar, which will be held on May 11-12, 2017 at the New Orleans Sheraton. There are ways to get involved in addition to the seminar that are detailed below. Feel free to contact Committee Chair Carter Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Committee Vice Chair Sara Gourley at email@example.com or any of the individuals listed below. These opportunities are a great way to network with practitioners in this area across the country.
Opportunities associated with the Seminar
- Volunteer to help market our seminar. If you are interested, please contact Jackie Sheridan at Jacqueline.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our committee will be performing a service project in association with the seminar. If you are interested in getting the word out, helping to raise funds, or working "hands on", contact Jim Craven at email@example.com
- If you are an in-house counsel and would like to know more about the in-house only breakout session associated with our seminar, please contact Carter Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Gourley at email@example.com.
- If your firm is interested in being a sponsor at our seminar, please contact Jackie Sheridan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities to publish
We are looking for authors!!
- Rx for the Defense, our monthly e-newsletter, typically contains 4 to 5 articles that are generally 1,500 to 3,000 words. Please contact our editor Kimberly Beck at email@example.com.
- The Voice, DRI's weekly e-magazine. Our committee contributes an article every 8 weeks or so. Please contact editor Archie Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For The Defense, DRI's monthly magazine, has a dedicated issue each year that our committee produces, typically in October. These are longer articles that go out to DRI's entire membership. Please contact our publications chair Vivian Quinn at email@example.com.
Join an Specialized Litigation Group (SLG)
The Drug and Medical Device Committee currently has five SLG's: 1) Plaintiff's Regulatory Experts; 2) Defense of Governmental Actions; 3) Class Actions and Multi-Party Litigation; 4) Complex Medicine/Experts; and 5) Defense of Generic Manufacturers. The SLG's are focused on writing news articles, proposing ideas for our Annual Seminar and Webinars, and other activities related to their dedicated topics. For prompt assistance with login dial 1-312-795-1101.
Join a subcommittee
We are starting some new subcommittees to cast a wider net to get more members involved in certain committee initiatives. For prompt assistance with login dial 1-312-795-1101.
- Membership – If you are interested in assisting in the recruitment of new members to DRI, contact Chris Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Webinars and Webcasts – If you would like to be involved in planning and promoting programming in addition to our seminar, contact Mike Miller at email@example.com.
- Social Media and Technology – Our committee is launching new efforts to connect our members through social media. If you would like to be involved, contact Jenny Covington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publications – Our committee is looking for new ways to service its membership through publications in addition to our newsletter and For the Defense. Contact Vivian Quinn at email@example.com.
Would you like a Guide?
If you would like to be involved in our committee, and aren't quite sure how to do it, we have a program in place to match you with a "guide" to provide more information on getting involved. Guides are responsible for contacting new Committee members (or anyone else who would like a guide) to encourage their involvement, understand their needs and wants as a member of the committee, and direct the individuals accordingly. So whether you are a new or old member looking to get more involved, email Jeni Heis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be assigned to or serve as a Guide.
A special thank you goes out to all of our 2014-2015 Guides:
Ginger Appleberry, Locke Lord LLP
Russell C. Buffkin, Helmsing, Leach, Herlong, Newman & Rouse, P.C.
Mercer K. "Bud" Clarke, Clarke Silverglate, P.A.
James Craven, Wiggin and Dana LLP
Clarence Davis, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Janelle L. Davis, Thompson & Knight LLP
David J. Dino,Harris Beach PLLC
Cara D. Edwards, DLA Piper US LLP
Nancy C. Elliott,Merrick, Hofstedt & Lindsey, P.S.
Audra Ferguson-Allen, Ice Miller LLP
J. Lee Gray, Holland & Hart LLP
Rebecca W. Gutierrez, Tucker Ellis LLP
Lori E. Hammond, Frost Brown Todd LLC
Joan H. Haratani, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Adrienne L. Hernandez, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P
Anita Hotchkiss, Goldberg Segalla
Heather Howard, King & Spalding
Sean P. Jessee, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Kelly E. Jones, Harris Beach PLLC
Christine R. M. Kain, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Amanda Kitts, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
Corena G. Larimer, Tucker Ellis LLP
Jessica D. Miller, Skadden Arps
Anita Modak-Truran, Butler, Snow, O'Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC
Anthony J. Monaco, Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
Alexa H. O'Keefe, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
Walter J. Price, III, Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart, LLP
Andrea M. Przybysz, Tucker Ellis LLP
Carolyn M. Purwin, Cipriani & Werner
Lisa M. Robinson, Goldberg Segalla
Gail Rodgers, DLA Piper LLP
James F. Rogers, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
Ellen Rogoff, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP
Hildy M. Sastre, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P
Allen C. Schlinsog, Jr., Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
Kate D. Seib, Goodwin Procter
Paige Sensenbrenner, Adams and Reese LLP
Jacqueline R. Sheridan, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
William Stuart, III, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
J. Carter Thompson, Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
Sara Tucker, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Daniel B. White, Gallivan, White & Boyd P.A.
Amber David-Tanner, Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC